This Day in GINGEROLOGY - April 30th
1887: Hooper Atchley (born Lemuel Hooper Atchley), who starred with Ginger in the films “Hat Check Girl” (as ‘Detective’ Monahan), “Star of Midnight” (as Allen – Hotel Manager), and “Having Wonderful Time” (as Subway Rider), was born in Ebenezer, Tennessee.
1897: Noel Madison (born Noel Nathaniel Moscivitch), who starred with Ginger in the film “Hat Check Girl” (as Dan McCoy), was born in New York City.
1908: Eve Arden (born Eunice M. Quedens), who starred with Ginger in the films “Stage Door” (as Eve) and “Having Wonderful Time” (as Henrietta), was born in Mill Valley, California.
1969: Eddie Kane, who starred with Ginger in the films “The Tenderfoot” (as Hat Salesman), “Bachelor Mother” (as District Attorney), “Broadway Bad” (as Eddie Berger – Jeweler), “Don’t Bet on Love” (as Eddie the Bookie), and “Twenty Million Sweethearts” (as Second Man in Brass Rail), died in Los Angeles, California, at the age of 79.
2011: TCM aired “Shall We Dance”.
2012: TCM aired “Having Wonderful Time” and “Tom, Dick and Harry”.2016: FXM RETRO aired “Tales of Manhattan”.
Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):
May 4, 2017 @ 12:45 P.M. Gold Diggers of 1933
May 4, 2017 @ 6:15 P.M. 42nd Street
May 17, 2017 @ 4:15 A.M. Finishing School
Next GingerFilm(s) (on FXM Retro - all times Eastern) - NOTE - the FXM Retro site is kinda 'cryptic' as far as specific times, so please check local listings for 'specific times':
None Currently Scheduled...
Thursday, April 14, 2011
...a BIG Gingerology THANKS to...
...Camille AND Anna!!! They have awarded Gingerology with the 'Stylish Blogger Award'...Thanks so much, y'all! Of course, the 'Stylish' part is probably just a BIT more due to Ginger than Huey... if I can get the same color socks on each foot in the morning, I'm at the top of my 'Style' game... :-] BTW - I have ALWAYS loved that Ginger pic above... 'middle aged Ginger', as many of y'all know, is REAL big on Huey's list... what, with Huey being 'middle-aged' and all... :-]
Anyway, I have to reveal seven big facts about me...Huey, that is...
Well, here we go...
1. My favorite actress is Ginger Rogers
2. My favorite dancer is Ginger Rogers
3. My favorite singer is Ginger Rogers
4. My favorite stage performer is Ginger Rogers
5. My favorite TV personality is Ginger Rogers
6. My favorite author is Ginger Rogers
7. My favorite tennis player is Ginger Rogers
...is that enough? :-]
...ok, ok... facts about Huey, sans Ginger (this is gonna be pretty tuff, y'all...):
1. I used to be able to put my foot behind my head...'HueyYoga'...
2. Fav color - Green
3. Fav food - Mexican - hot sauce
4. Speaking of hot sauce, I collect it - have over 600 bottles...yep.
5. I am hopelessly addicted to Diet Mountain Dew
6. I am 'quazi-ambidextrious' - hold a fork with my left hand, but write and throw with my right hand
7. I had an extra set of molars (4), and also an extra 'canine' tooth lodged behind my 'two front teeth' growing up, thus mucho oral surgery and orthodontics for the H-man...
ok - well, I am ALSO supposed to pick out 7 blogs to send the award to... but honestly, I just can't play favorites, y'all... so let's do this... if any of y'all out there do NOT have this award, consider it awarded to you from Huey and Gingerology... y'all just pick it up below...CONGRATS!!! :-)
OK - well, hope y'all have a nice, Gingery weekend!!! The Thirteenth Guest will be posted sometime this weekend, hopefully... until then...
(and thanks again, Anna and Camille!!!)
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!
Thanks again, JW