...

...
------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in GINGEROLOGY


GingerTelevision...

Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):

----------------------


Sunday, May 4, 2014

...an 80-year old Pony...

...today marks the 80th 'anniversary' of RKO's release of 'Finishing School', which starred Francis Dee, and Ginger as her 'sidekick'...
...honestly, not one of my fave Ginger roles, as she is really quite...um... "promiscuous" (hey, I spelled that one right w/o spellcheck, y'all...) as a wild girl who breaks out of the, well, Finishing School, for Lost Weekends in the city with swarthy young gooberheads... she plays the role as it demands, but... just not my fave... but, even so, she is just SOOOOO cute in his one...  I'll watch it anytime, of course...
...of course, one of my fave scenes is the Ginger with Rumpled Hair sequence... just... AWESOME!!!
...so, how do Y'ALL like this one? I think I ranked it pretty low in the GingerReviews (remember those? Yeah, so do I...oof), but I may have been a bit hard on it... a lot of folks at the time seemed to really like the film, so maybe I'm just a fuddy-duddy in a way... but anyway, it's great that WB Archive has this one in its collection...I DO recommend it to any Gingerologist who hasn't seen it yet... order your copy today...operators are standing by!!! Literally!!!
...hope all is well out there... don't forget the Stage Door review for the Kate-A-Thon is coming soon - it's a work in progress, but will be done, hopefully by the end of the week-end!

Until then...

KIG, y'all!!!!

Hu
---


2 comments:

  1. Of course, I like Ginger in everything she ever did, even if the project wasn't Pulitzer quality. I like her in "Finishing School", as it's a different type of role for her during a time when so many roles were somewhat similar. It shows us added versatility and was good for Ginger's resume and body of experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely... this one did give her another 'angle', and ultimately helped her not to become too 'typecast'... and I'll watch it anytime, as most any other GingerFilm... duh! :-)

      KIG, BA!!!
      Hu
      ---

      Delete

Awards...Thanks, Y'all!!!

...I TRULY appreciate these, and the kind words regarding this blog...thanks for all the inspiration I have drawn from each of your blog sites, which are all awesome in their unique ways!!!
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!

Thanks again, JW

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10
Thanks, Gingerella and Sally!!!

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09
Thanks, AC!!!

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10
Thanks, Maggie and Kate Gabrielle!!!

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11
Thanks, Camille and Anna!!!

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018
...including the Gingerology entry of 'Gold Diggers of 1933'...