...

...
------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in GINGEROLOGY


GingerTelevision...

Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):

----------------------


Tuesday, May 30, 2017

...still here...

...but been busy... and a lot of heavy things happening...

Most sadly is the passing of my mother-in-law just a little over a month after my Father-in-law passed away in early April. The only real way to describe it was 'broken heart syndrome'... they have been married over 53 years (and still counting in Heaven), and she just simply could not function without him... my wife Greta, who is a nurse, says this happens quite often when one of a married couple dies, the other one soon follows them. Bottom line, they are together again, which is the only way one can look at it.Thanks for all of y'all's prayers and thoughts during this time - obviously tough on Greta and my brother-in-law at this time, as well as for me and our kids...

Hopefully some Gingery programming will commence soon... I am pretty swamped with 'work-work', but gradually clearing out of it... I had a definite 'GingerMoment' today while talking to a random member (I field questions regarding building code compliance) - they noted they had an existing, historic building, built in 1911... which obviously caught my attention... but when told it was located in... Virginia, that was just a bit too coincidental... a gentle 'prod' by our girl to get me back on the GingerTrail, perhaps? eh, I like to think so... so with that, I'll try to get things cranking here again soon...

Until then...

KIG!
Hu
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awards...Thanks, Y'all!!!

...I TRULY appreciate these, and the kind words regarding this blog...thanks for all the inspiration I have drawn from each of your blog sites, which are all awesome in their unique ways!!!
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!

Thanks again, JW

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10
Thanks, Gingerella and Sally!!!

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09
Thanks, AC!!!

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10
Thanks, Maggie and Kate Gabrielle!!!

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11
Thanks, Camille and Anna!!!

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018
...including the Gingerology entry of 'Gold Diggers of 1933'...