...

...
------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in GINGEROLOGY


GingerTelevision...

Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):

----------------------


Tuesday, February 17, 2015

...two Years of FaceBook for Gingerology...

...wow, guess it's been that long, huh?
...well, after some hesitation, Hu decided to join ...well, the rest of the free world... in joining FaceBook - and it has been an incredible resource for all things Ginger... just an INFINITE amount of GingerPics (such as the awesome one here...), GingerStories, and GingerInfo... all in 'real time'! 

It's not too hard to see that FB will (and generally already HAS) supplant most other forms of 'information gathering' and 'live' info sharing... but hopefully there's still a spot for blogs in general, as they can document stuff in a less 'stream of consciousness' mindset... if you don't grab a pic or a link on FB right when you see it, it may be buried under 50 pages of new stuff within a few hours! And honestly, it's so hard to keep up with 'posting and re-posting' folks do regarding GingerPics, I'll just say that ANY pics which show up in a post here are most likely from SOMEWHERE on FB... so thanks to those folks!!! 
The Ginger FB Community is VERY close-knit, and are dedicated to our girl like no other fan base... Gingerologists are a tenacious bunch, no doubt! We do 'GingerFilm viewing parties', which are pretty fun - we make comments 'in-movie'... it's time for another one of those - GingerPeachy is our 'coordinator / overseer / MC' for all of these events...
...this pic above is just perfect... DANG!!! not sure of the exact 'time' of this one, but has to be in the sixties... just incredible!!!

Well, with that, hope to see y'all over on FB soon...if you haven't found us, a good 'meeting spot' would be "Ginger Rogers Book Club", which is kind of the 'home base' for Gingerologists - again created by Peachy (she REALLY needs to be put on the payroll...I'll even pay her what I make over here / there... )  - most Gingerologists are afoot there at some point...

And with that, perhaps my favorite 'snippet' from FaceBook, by some 'random' chance, but truer words have never been spoken, albeit QUITE understated:
With that, thanks to all for supporting Gingerology - still trying to get some stuff going here...lotsa ideas, no TIME... but it's gonna happen... until then...

...KIG, y'all!!!

Hu
---







4 comments:

  1. Hey guey - so glad to find that you're still here and keeping up all the excellent work! I've been shockingly absent and only passably Gingery (shame on me) the past... is if four years... it really is. Much has changed as you'd expect, last time I logged on I was 21 - now I'm coming up 25 (terrifying). But it hasn't changed that I greatly enjoyed reading your posts and that I still love to talk, watch and think Gingery (if I ever get a second away from work!). Keep on keeping in Gingery! B X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BETH!!!! it's SO awesome to hear from you!!! What is your occupation? Sounds like you are busy, which is typically good, at least from a money standpoint...
      It IS mind-blowing to think it's been 4+ years since you have been at the helm of Finding Ginger... but it's tough to find time I know...heck, you have a career starting up, which is very demanding! I've slowed a bit here as well, but plan on doing a bit more posting here and there.

      Of course, FaceBook has supplanted a large chunk of blogging, or at least has 'diverted' quite a bit of content... it's amazing how many pics and vid clips there are over there...
      HEY - hope you heard about Hat Check Girl! There are a few restored copies out there, so... ALL GingerFilms are accounted for, save for a few of the early 'shorts'... I remember what a 'rush' it was when we would find another GingerFilm to collect...by 'any means necessary', right? Gorgomon, I believe it was... but heck, there's over 50 of her films on DVD now, so a good time to be a Gingerologist!

      My big deal the last year or so is that I had a detached retina, and had emergency surgery to get it 'reattached'... they basically put a gas bubble within the eye, and it pushes the retina back onto the eye 'wall'... not as bad as it sounds, but it was a heavy few weeks there... all is well now, but just a slight 'distortion' from it...

      Well, dang... please drop by early and often, Beth!!! AND, if you are on FB, PLEASE drop by, and hook up with the band of Gingerologists there... I'll GLADLY introduce you to the gang... I an vkmfanhuey on there... hope to see you there!

      ...and hope to yak with you soon!!!

      KIG, BethRose!!!

      Love Ya!
      Hu
      ---

      Delete
  2. Ouch! The retina thing does not sound like fun. I'm glad it got sorted as well as it could though!

    I'm working in publishing, just made manager and am currently manicly driving around the country with a car full of books and authors and whatevere. It's insane and not particularly lucrative but it has a little soul!

    YAY! Hat Check Girl?! It's a miracle! I swear I will do a happy jig when I finally get my hands on a copy. I remember scouring ebay for a vhs to no avail, them were the days when I'd have home recorded tapes burned to DVD for my collection - should probably update!

    I'll certainly look you all up on FB, I don't use it much bur am on occasionally. I'll try and stop by more often (and might just go watch Bachelor MOther - no idea why I fancy that one but hey! Colourised Ginger is still Ginger right?)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear about your work... persevere, and you'll be running the place in no time!

      ...I have quite a few 'Gorg' DVDs of GingerFilms which are now on 'studio DVDs'...so I just have the old ones I burned as 'backup'... I swear, I couldn't remember the process of 'obtaining' a film from Gorg if I HAD to...first off, that was at least one computer ago, and all those 'conversion' programs were lost in the changeover... but it was a cool setup while it lasted...

      PLEASE stop by FB...it's a hoot to yak with fellow G-ologists... and you already have a 'intro' as the one who inspired Gingerology (for better or worse...jk - for BETTER, of course!), so you will be well received, no doubt!

      I need to crank up my film reviews again...I am seriously thinking of starting at the LAST GingerFilm (Harlow) and working back to the G&F films...I got to TopHat and It's just gonna be a big undertaking to do screencaps and all that...anyway, maybe one day.

      Hey, folks also refer to me as 'Ginger's Perpetual Cabana Boy', which of course you and Molly (I think) started way back when... good stuff!

      Again, it's SO good to hear from you Beth...and do NOT be a stranger!!!

      Love Ya!
      KIG! Hu
      ---

      Delete

Awards...Thanks, Y'all!!!

...I TRULY appreciate these, and the kind words regarding this blog...thanks for all the inspiration I have drawn from each of your blog sites, which are all awesome in their unique ways!!!
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!

Thanks again, JW

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10
Thanks, Gingerella and Sally!!!

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09
Thanks, AC!!!

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10
Thanks, Maggie and Kate Gabrielle!!!

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11
Thanks, Camille and Anna!!!

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018
...including the Gingerology entry of 'Gold Diggers of 1933'...