...

...
------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in GINGEROLOGY


GingerTelevision...

Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):

----------------------


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well, I think I may have it going here...

I finally got a few things sorted out on this site - hopefully will have a bit more 'meat' to it... First of all, changed the name - 'jwhueyblog' really didn't mean anything - actually, the only reason I originally set up a blog was to be able to post on Beth's 'Finding Ginger' site!
Anyway, 'Gingerology' sounds a bit more interesting... since we all are 'searching and digging' for those Ginger movies which, for some asinine reason, are NOT on DVD (I'm still waiting for the 75-DVD Box Set with all her movies, digitally remastered, of course, loaded with extra features, rare outtakes, audio commentary, etc., along with the complete audio recordings of VKM, digitally remastered to pristine condition... and also containing a 'coffee table'-size 400-page photo book... has anyone heard if they are getting it out by this Christmas this year?? :-O ...well, one can hope, I guess.)
ANYWAY, I also added a list of my 'Ginger Search' travails, VKM movies I have possession of in one form or more... I have plowed through eBay as of late, and really bolstered the list... everything received so far has been in pretty fair shape...the only thing is, be quick about it... there was a VHS of 'Lady in the Dark' (quickly becoming one of my favorites, as seen on YT), and I was going to bid on it or whatever, but just didn't do it quick enough. But stuff is constantly changing on there, so it's worth messing with - and typically the prices are reasonable.
SO, hopefully that gives y'all a bit of 'update' on where Gingerology is headed... I will put my long-winded observations on here, but still faithfully post on Beth's cool site!
Please feel free to reply, and hope you 'jump on' this blog, along with others concerning VKM!!!
Thanks, JW

7 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog and it's marvelous! It's always good to hear of other Ginger osbessees. :)

    Can't wait to hear more from you.

    PS Dig the new blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Juliette! GREAT to have you aboard!

    Believe it or not, it took a bit to come up with the right 'tag line'...but somehow it fits pretty well...

    Hopefully I can keep some interesting stuff on here - but I think all the polls and major discussions should really be at 'Beth's Place'! I think she has a lot going on right now - probably getting ready for University! so, probably hard for her to find blog time...
    BTW - do you have a blog? I know Lauren does (Ginger List), and it's cool, too - LOVE the Ginger version of '...Lovely day 2B caught in the Rain' that plays over it... see, I need to figure out stuff like that. anyway, I am trying to 'link' or whatever to all the Ginger sites, a 'network' if you will... or is it 'blog ring'? I have gobs to learn about the blog phenomenon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks! It's great to be aboard. :)

    I know-- isn't Beth's blog marvelous beyond words?

    Yes, I have a blog (http://someparade.blogspot.com), and while it's not devoted to Ginger alone, she does manage to get more air time than anyone else, haha.

    Ooh, I love that version of the song.

    Afraid I'm not too knowledgeable about this blog stuff, but I'd be willing to help with any Ginger endeavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! I will go over to your site and check it out!

    I will try to have at least one 'blog entry' on here a day, since there's always a lot of VKM topics floating between my ears at any given time - and it's cathartic to type out all this stuff, especially when others want to discuss it!

    I would also LOVE to be able to make a 'Ginger music video' - you know, like the ones on YouTube - they are typically so cool - When I hear a certain song, I can 'visualize' specific Ginger scenes 'in sync' with it...and think, 'it would be cool to make a video of that...' alas and alack - I have no clue as to getting started with something like that... well, maybe I can at least provide 'link ups' with some of those on YT now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm so excited-- I never tire of discussing Ginger. :)

    Me too! Gosh, I was just thinking about that today, but I have no knowledge of that kind of stuff. Unfortunately I know only how to make photo videos. If you ever figure it out, let me know-- I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I guess I need to get more 'Ginger footage' into my computer first... then ask the I.T. guy at work!
    I was originally going to try to put different topics on here, but I will just stick to Ginger! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yay! I'm excited already. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awards...Thanks, Y'all!!!

...I TRULY appreciate these, and the kind words regarding this blog...thanks for all the inspiration I have drawn from each of your blog sites, which are all awesome in their unique ways!!!
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!

Thanks again, JW

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10
Thanks, Gingerella and Sally!!!

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09
Thanks, AC!!!

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10
Thanks, Maggie and Kate Gabrielle!!!

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11
Thanks, Camille and Anna!!!

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018
...including the Gingerology entry of 'Gold Diggers of 1933'...